The cement Industry in Chhattisgarh is the backbone of the state’s economy.
Many cement factories are in Chhattisgarh.
The raw material for cement is available here in abundance.
The cement Industry in Chhattisgarh is in the private sector.
Chhattisgarh has abundant limestone reserves supporting a strong cement sector.
5.4% of India’s total limestone reserves are here only.
Limestone production is 38.05 Mt in 2021-2022 (through February 2022).
At present, there are 7 large and many small cement plants in Chhattisgarh.
Most cement factories in Chhattisgarh are in the Baloda market.
due to this Balodabazar district is Known as the “hub of cement”.
There is an abundance of limestone in the central part of Chhattisgarh, so in these areas
Cement Industry Chhattisgarh
The first cement factory in the state is ACC (Associated Cement Company).
In 1964 AD at a place named Jamul in Durg.
List of Major cement plants in Chhattisgarh
Jamul Bhilai Fort
ACC (Associate Cement Company)
Establishment – 1965
Special – This is the first cement factory in Chhattisgarh.
Note:- Baloda Bazar is the Hub of Cement Factory.
1. Ambuja Cement – Ravan 1987
2. Grasim Ultratech Cement – Ravan 1995
3. Lafarge India Private Limited – Sondeeh 1993
4. UltraTech Cement – Hirmi 1994
1. Birla Century Cement – Baikunth 1997
2. Cement Corporation of India (CCI) – Mandhar
( Presently production is stopped here.)
1. Lafarge India Private Limited – Arasmeta – (It was earlier known as Reymonds.)
2. Cement Corporation of India (CCI) – Akaltara – Presently production is closed here.
3. Raymond Cement Gopal Nagar Janjgir
List of some more cement industries in Chhattisgarh
J.J. Of. cement Tilda – Newra
J.J. Of. Lakshmi Cement Ahiwara (Fort)
J.J. P. Cement (Jaypee) Bhilai (Durg)
Modi Cement Modigram (Raigad)
Kelkar Cement Bhupdevpur (Raigarh)
Shree Cement Company Bhatapara (Baloda Bazar)
Emami Cement Risda (Baloda Bazar)
Jai Bajrang Private Limited Jagdalpur (Bastar)
Shri Ram Industries Rajnandgaon