Indian Nobel prize winner
Here we are providing Indian Nobel prize winner information and Indian Nobel prize, winner List.
India has many Nobel prize winner in India in may field like science, peace, economics etc.
Indian Nobel prize winner (नोबेल पुरस्कार) Contents
- 1. Important points
- 2. List of Indian Nobel price winner
- Rabindranath Tagore
- Har Gobind Khorana
- Mother Teresa
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
- Amartya Sen
- Venkatraman Ramakrishnan
- Kailash Satyarthi
- Abhijit Banerjee
- 3. Source
Indian Nobel prize winner – Nobel prize is any of the prizes that are awarded annually from a fund impart for that purpose by the Alfred Nobel Swedish inventor and industrialist.
Nobel prize winner India Important points
- The Nobel Prizes are widely regarded as the most prestigious awards given for intellectual achievement in the world.
- The Will of Alfred Nobel ( Swedish chemist, engineer and industrialist) established the five Nobel prizes in 1895. ).
- Nobel Prize is given every year to those eminent persons who have made pioneering achievements in the following fields:
- Apart from Economics, all other categories have been given since 1901.
- Economics Nobel Prize was instituted in 1967 and was first given in 1969.
List of Indian Nobel price winner –
There are nine Nobel Prize winner in India
- He won Nobel Prize in Literature in 1913 for ‘Gitanjali’.
- Later, he was awarded a Knighthood by King George V. However, he renowned after jallianwala Bagh Massacre.
- He won Nobel Prize for Physics in 1930. later, the Indian government honoured him the Bharat Ratna Award.
Har Gobind Khorana:
- He won Nobel Prize for Physiology in 1968.
- Har Gobind Khorana shared Nobel prize with Marshall W.Nirenberg and Robert W.Holley in 1968.
- He became a naturalised citizen of the US in 1966.
- She won Nobel Prize for Peace in 1979.
- She received the Ramon Magsaysay Peace Prize in 1962.
- Chandrasekhar received Nobel Prize in Physics in 1983.
- He won the prize for his work in the field of structure and evolution of stars.
- Sen whose research focused on fundamental problems in “Welfare Economics and Poverty” won the Noble Memorial Prize in Economics in 1998.
- Amartya Sen also received the Bharat Ratna Award in 1999.
- He won the award for his studies of the structure and function of the ribosome.
- He shared Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Thomas A. Stetize and Ada Yonath in 2009.
- He is founder of Bachpan Bachao Andolan shared the Nobel Peace Prize with Malala Yousafzai of Pakistan in 2014.
- He led a nationwide March, Bharat Yatra demanding strong legislation against child rape, child sexual abuse and trafficking.
- Abhijit Banerjee won the 2019 Nobel Prize in Economics.
- In 2003, he founded the Abdul Latif Jameel poverty action lab (J-PAL) along with Esther Duflo and Sendhil Mullainathan.